Who We Are
Ruben Dario Montoya Vargas, known affectionately as “Ruben Fly,” is the pioneer of paragliding in Colombia. Since 1992, he has continuously operated Paragliding Medellin as the premier paragliding company in Colombia, mentoring dozens of instructors who have since gone on to create their own businesses.
Ruben Fly is internationally recognized as one of the most accomplished paragliding instructors in Colombia and the world, having received over 14 certificates and participated in several national competitions. He is extremely passionate about introducing people from all over the world to the wonder of flight and constantly works to provide the highest quality service to his passengers, inserting a touch of his sweet sense of humor into all of his work.
Ruben Montoya ” RubenFly”
Pioneer Paragliding in Colombia
Certificates and recognitions:
- Course Paraglider pilot in May 1992 at the school Aerolight Venezuela, entered the AVVA (Venezuelan Association of Autonomous Flight ).
- Course Advanced Pilot in 1993 dictated by Javier and Jose Casaoudoumecq of Aerolight Academy.
- Course Cross Country dictated by Jocky Sanderson, Alto de Matasanos – Medellin, 1993.
- Recognition as an instructor Paragliding, Caracas September 12, 1994 by the Academy Aerolight.
- Piloto Tandem ( Double ) since December 1994.
- Towing -Course (Torno rewinder) in 1995, dictated by Milo Abramovic at the dam El Penol.
- SIV -Course advanced level and extreme maneuvers in February 1995 issued by the world runner-up Andy Hediger in 1993, the Swiss team Paratech.
- Course Flight Paramotor Pilot dictated by Diego Urrutia Cali, 1995.
- First Aid -Course R&P (Rescue and Paramedics), Medellin 1996.
- Course Meteorology, Aerodynamics and First Aid in 1997, issued by the Medellin Conference Aircraft and Aviation School Los Halcones.
- Founder of the first official paragliding school in Costa Rica Caldera Nest of Eagles. (Punta Arenas) 2000
- Course Red Cross First Aid Puntarenas Costa Rica, 2001
Participation in events:
- Second place championship paragliding department in August 1993 Matasanos.
- Second meeting of paragliders. Chia, May 1994
- Second place in the first national championship paraglider in Bucaramanga in November 1994.
- 3rd Air snail air, Manizales, January 1994.
- Air Aces festive Medellin Soars, 1994.
- Air Caracol Festival, Cyprus Nubia Airport Manizales, 1995.
- Participation National Paragliding Championship, 1996 Roldanillo
- Organizer valid national championship Damascus, 1995
- Participation in the national championship Roldanillo Valley Paragliding in August 1996.
- Paragliding organizer Mode 1 Deportivo Antioquia Testimony 1996
- Paragliding Mode organizer Testimony Deportivo Antioquia 2nd 1997
- Cup Top Landing Tandem paragliding, Bucaramanga, 1997
- Participation in national championship validates paragliding in Bucaramanga March 1997
- Paragliding Mode organizer Testimony Deportivo Antioquia 3rd 1998
- Participation Paragliding National Championships December 1998, Santa Fe de Antioquia.
- 2nd Air Festival Piedechinche hacienda paradise, June 1998.
- 3rd Festival of the cerrito Valle Piedechinche air June 1999
- Participation in Roldanillo Valle PWC 2005.
- Participation in Valle Roldadillo PRE PWC in 2005
- Marathon participation Magdalena River with a tour in Paramotor over 750 Km. October 2006.
- Participation in Expedition Condor de los Andes with a distance of over 16,000 km, 20 departments.
- COLOMBIA SIGNAL Channel 32 chapters for paramotor pilot, video support and aerial photography.
Flying paramotor Chocó
The Atrato River is the largest river in Colombia and also the inland of the country after the Cauca River and Magdalena River third. Born in Silver Hill in the municipality of El Carmen de Atrato, Western Andes and empties into the Gulf of Urabá in the Caribbean: most parts of the department of Choco and two sections of the course serves as a border between Choco and Antioquia department; for its seaworthiness it is one of the means of transport in the region. It also is part of Chocó, considered the most biodiverse region in the world and one of the rainiest, hence the high flow showing this river.
Flying in Cartagena – Colombia
Cartagena de Indias es uno de los destinos turísticos más importantes de Colombia y América Latina. El turismo se convirtió en un factor potencial de la ciudad gracias a sus atractivos naturales y su rica historia, de manifiesto en la variedad de estilos arquitectónicos.
El hecho de ser considerada Patrimonio de la Humanidad por la Unesco la fortaleció como una potencia turística de la región. La ciudad ha tomado reconocimiento a partir de diferentes visitantes ilustres, como presidentes, actores y diferentes celebridades del mundo. Posee dentro de sus principales destinos lugares históricos como el Castillo de San Felipe, el Palacio de la Inquisición, la Torre del Reloj, las murallas, las calles coloniales, y también bellezas naturales como sus playas.
Jump 130 meters
Ruben Fly, making a leap of 130 meters. bungee jumping is an activity in which a person is released from a great height, with one of the points of the elastic rope tied to your body or ankle, and the other end attached to the starting point of the jump. When the person jumps, the cord will stretch to counteract the inertia caused by the acceleration of gravity at the stage of the fall, then the subject will rise and descend until the initial energy of the jump disappears.
Tandem Instructor APPI
Register No. 11336 Association of
Paragliding pilots and instructors.
Instructor Tandem Nacional Fedeaereos
Registration No. COL-826-PG
Paragliding and Paramotor School
Flying since 1992
Vía San Félix Km 16 Restaurante El Voladero
Antes del peaje de San Félix
+57 310 517 7940 +57 323 437 3278
San Félix - Medellín